Fireplace Artwork

We've gone back and forth over what should be above the fireplace ever since we first walked in the house for our first showing.  The fireplace is the first thing you see when you walk in the door, so I thought a painting would be lovely there, while the realtor proclaimed that a huge flat screen would be great in that spot.  Well, I eventually won, because I'm about 90% sure we have decided to find some kind of art to hang in that spot.  If you're wondering what that spot looks like, here is a picture from the listing:


We are almost done painting the bookcases, and will have pictures of that up once they are finished, but for now we are searching for something to hang there.  I really need to measure that space, because I guess I don't even know how big of a painting we would need.  It's big, though, so I'm thinking at least 24x24, probably larger.  The back of the bookcases are the same color as the kitchen (New York State of Mind) and the cabinets are the trim color (Mascarpone).  I'm using red to decorate the shelves, and I'm really wanting to put this Silhouette Sofa from Crate and Barrel in the room as well:



Along with the chairs that are in the picture from the listing (on the left), however we are painting and reupholstering them.  Here they are now:


So, with all of that in mind, I'm looking for a painting...I'm thinking yellows will be good, and I like florals that aren't too flowery (heh...I know, that doesn't make much sense.)

While randomly searching etsy, I found the artist B. Sasik, and I am just in LOVE with her paintings.  Here is a link to her etsy store.

I love the texture, the colors, the composition, the subjects...everything.

This one is my favorite, it is called "Poppy Art," but unfortunately is only 12"x12" and too small for that area :(

B. Sasik Original Oil Painting POPPY ART Abstract Contemporary Fine Art Modern Palette Knife
I really like "Rainy Night" too, but think it might be a little too busy and colorful for the room:

B. Sasik Original Oil  Painting Rainy Night ART
So, if anyone has any suggestions of places to find art or people who sell it, I'd love to hear.  I have a feeling this selection process will take a while...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP