An iPhone update

Now that I have installed the blogpress app on my iPhone I will be able to do shorter and more timely updates seeing as I'm always texting quick pics to my mom and others. So, a short recap of the past month or so...




I'm starting to realize that I decorate like I dress. Maybe not such a strange realization, but for me these were always two totally separate things. Then, while shopping with Michelle during my visit to Albuquerque I realized all the clothes I preferred were the same style, color (hello yellow blue and green) as everything I had decorated.




So the office is a really long story, but in short, the desks I made are now being used for storage in the basement and I sprung for these ikea desks. This was my first setup with them. I knew i hated it but wasn't sure why. I made the yellow curtains with clearance fabric in the $4 bin at Hancock.




When some people are stressed they cook or eat, I change something drastic. In college, it was always my hair color. Back and forth between blonde and brunette. Now, it seem I have shifted to interior decorating. Whether it be drastically rearranging something or repainting a room at 2am. Chalk it up to my need to gain control of something when I can't control the chaos that is my life. So, I decide...what the heck. We're getting a blue wall in the study. I used one of the samples we originally got for the kitchen back before Tony had even closed on the house. There's a number on top of the can, but I haven't done any research to find out what color I ended up using.














I liked the blue but not the setup...too symmetrical and matchy, so I spent forever deciding on this layout.











---



A week or so ago our graphic designer Beau left to take a job at Sprint. While I am so excited for him, it's very sad to see him go. So, for now I'm taking on most all of his duties and my own meaning work is crazy stressful these days.






I made some pretty curtains for the den, an I love them. Big upgrade from the old metal blinds.






Why does this light above the oven make me so happy? It certainly is not as bright as it looks in the first photo, but gosh...turning it on makes the oven look so retro (a nice word for old). Makes cooking more fun :) and while I'm talking about cooking...










I baked for the first time at Tony's house. Unfortunately, my busy schedule doesn't give me much free time to cook...ever. So, after getting lots of grief from Tones for never cooking, I decided to make my fave...Challah bread. It's typically a Jewish bread, and my wonderful ex roomie Lindsey introduced me to it when she invited me to a Sater dinner at her parent's house and I've been in love since.

I think that's all for now :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP