The Living Room...Picture Overload

*Quick note...I wrote this post last Thursday and of course am just now remember to put it up...

The living room is finally coming together now that we have a rug and a few more side tables.  And I even had time to photograph it during the day...albeit very quickly.  You know how I said I'm never at Tony's house during daytime?  Well, yesterday my coworkers and I were invited to a suite at the Royals game, and because I was in Kansas City, I had time to run by Tony's house before I left for the game.  So, in the 30 minutes or so that I was there (at 4:00 in the afternoon, no less) I was able to get some pictures with decent light.

Now, the living room is not complete (is a house ever really complete?) and definitely needs some wall decor...we're just not sure what that will be yet.  It has, however, come a long way from where it started.  Writing these posts and taking all of these pictures can be so time consuming and a real hassle when I have a million other things that I need to do, but when I go back through some of the earlier posts and pictures and read what was going on then it makes me so happy that Tony wanted to start blogging about the house, because otherwise I would have completely forgotten many of the things that we documented along the way.

Going through the living room before pictures, I felt so nostalgic about when he first moved in...the colors, the smells, the temperature (very cold) all came rushing back and it made me really proud of how far we've come.  The progress these days is slower because the tasks are smaller and not as drastic as they were when we first began, but looking back at the pictures form January make me appreciate how far we have come and want to keep on working.  With that said, here are a few before pictures of the living room and entry from Day 1 in the house:

Entry Before

View from the entry Before

The gingerbread in the door frames was the first to go after entering the house :)

Living room Before

Living Room Before

Living Room Before

Living Room Before

The never ending task of removing the wallpaper in the entry...

And now for the current pictures...we'll call them "in progress"

Entry with view of the den (left) and living room (right)

View of the entry from the doorway

Mirror from Home Goods for around $30
Table from Crate & Barrel


Curtains I made from an outdoor fabric I found at Hobby Lobby for 40% off.

Ignore the sticks in the top left corner...still looking for something to put those in...















Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP