Office Fabric

Now that the office is to a point where I can actually work in it, I have been spending lots of time in there.  Currently, the windows are still curtain-less.  Doesn't bother me too much, but at night I can get a little creeped out.

So, while I was in Lawrence for work today I decided to stop by Sarah's Fabrics.  They have, in my opinion, the best selection of fabric in the Topeka/Lawrence/KC area.  My goal was to find a fabric to use for the curtains in the office.  I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, but I knew I probably wanted some green in it...maybe something a little more organic to offset all of the harsh lines in the rest of the room.

I wasn't really finding anything I liked for the curtains...however, I knew I wanted to also put curtains on the closet doors where there were originally sliding doors.  Because those will be across the room from the desk and bulletin board/peg board area, I figured they could be more geometric.  Here are the patterns I narrowed it down to in the store:




Okay, I lied...this one was the only one I found that I considered for the curtains, not the closet doors.


After trying to call my mom for advice, and failing to get ahold of her I decided to just go for it and I chose the first print with the numbers.  I really liked the sort of obvious and playful use of numbers in an office...where ya know, you work with numbers...and it just sort of makes me smile.  I knew it might come off sort of too playful and childish, but I really thought it would work in the office.  As soon as I left the store with my $50 worth of fabric I finally received an e-mail from my mom that said no to the numbered fabric because it might look like it was meant for a child's playroom.  Oops, oh well...I still loved it and I knew Tony would enjoy the numbers thing as well :)

I just finished making a few panels of new sew curtains for the closet, and I absolutely love them...they are totally perfect for the room.  And of course, a few iPhone pictures until I have time to take some better ones...





I guess I didn't realize how blurry those were :)  Better ones coming soon, and eventually pictures of the whole office will too :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP